This is my home-made black sesame ice-cream. It’s easy to make and it’s delicious dessert infused with a hint of vanilla and the more dramatic nutty fragrance and flavor of toasty black sesame, which is almost akin to dark chocolate plus French roast coffee. It’s a favorite Asian dessert. Black sesame seeds are rich in antioxidants, high protein, omega-6 fatty acids, vitamins and dietary fiber with potent anti-cancer. It offers several health related benefits.
- 2 cups heavy cream (or half and half, but less creamy texture).
- 1 cups milk.
- 3/4 cup sugar.
- 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract.
- 1 cup ground roasted black sesame (grind the black sesame seeds in a clean spice grinder until they turn into a medium coarse powder) .
- In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer on low speed or whisk to combine the milk, sugar and salt until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours, or overnight.
- Turn on the ice cream maker, pour the mixture into the frozen freezer bowl and let mix until thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes. Five minutes before mixing is completed, add the ground roasted black sesame and let mix in completely. The ice cream will have soft creamy texture. If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours. Remove from freezer about 10 minutes before serving.
Yum yum!! Enjoy!
Have a lovely day to all! xo…Hanh